Minimaps 1.16.1 are a very important tool when it comes to solo playing on Minecraft. We all know that the best way to have fun in this game is by creating huge and diverse worlds. But this also means we can get easily lost or lose track of our stuff.
Especially if you’re not the best-oriented person in the world, and if you enjoy exploring wide frames of blocks or collecting them, Minimaps are essential for you. So let’s see how to install Minimaps on Minecraft 1.16.
Choosing the right Minimap for you Minecraft
Ok, so things said, it’s important for you to know that there’re several ways to have a minimap on Minecraft. This is because they’re installed through mods and there’re many mods that include minimaps these days.
Some of the most popular are:
JourneyMap Mod 1.16.1
- Maps Minecraft worlds while you explore them. It works on both single player and multiplayer and you don’t need any special knowledge to use it. The advantage is that everything you discover while exploring your world will be included in the minimap right away.
Rei’s minimap Mod 1.16.1
- A really detailed map that includes a lot of features. You can use it underground; it spots mobs and includes a compass. Finally, you can create checkpoints for marking any building or item in your world. Probably the most complete minimap on Minecraft, the only failure is that you can’t zoom in with it.
- Another great Minimap mod as it’s the only one that allows you to zoom in your minimap while presenting a lot of other configurations. You can also spot mobs but it also depicts ground elevations and even other players. You will always be aware of what surrounds you.
Xaero’s minimap Mod 1.16.1
- The only squared minimap for Minecraft it’s also very popular among vanilla players as it holds the vanilla graphics. It seems as if it was created directly with the original game. Unlike any other minimap, it allows you to lock North and then rotate the minimap. It also spots mobs and items.
Updated for Minecraft 1.16.1
For Minecraft 1.16 we still do not have many updated mods, but thanks to Fabric Modloader 1.16 we already have a minimap for 1.16, it’s called Mappy Mod, it’s a good alternative until you get the update of some of the famous Minimaps.
How to install Minimap in Minecraft 1.16.1
So, now that you know some of the most popular minimaps, you can choose the one you like the most and proceed to install it.
Of course, as always, the first step would be to install Forge 1.16 or your favorite downloader (Fabric is a new downloader that’s creating hype among players) on the right version, and then proceed to install the mod.
- Download the minimap mod version that matches your Minecraft version.
- Move the mod files to the mods folder (if you can’t find it, create one). To do this, simply go to your Windows start menu, click on “Run” and Type %appdata%. Press Enter.
- Next, go to .minecraft and there you’ll find or create the mods folder.
- Paste the download files in this folder.
- Run Minecraft and access the profile from Forge.
- That’s it! Now you’ll have your favorite minimap on Minecraft!